Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Oral Fungal Infection Evaluation
- Throat redness
- White coating on the surface the mouth and throat:
Usually, tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of thrush.
Tests that may be used to evaluate thrush include:
Continue to Oral Fungal Infection Treatment
PubMed Oral Fungal Infection References
- Akpan A, Morgan R. Oral candidiasis. Postgrad Med J. 2002 Aug;78(922):455-9. 
- Clarkson JE, Worthington HV, Eden OB. Interventions for treating oral candidiasis for patients with cancer receiving treatment. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(1):CD001972. 
- Pankhurst C. Candidiasis (oropharyngeal). Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1701-16. 
- Rossie K, Guggenheimer J. Oral candidiasis: clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and treatment. Pract Periodontics Aesthet Dent. 1997 Aug;9(6):635-41.