Occlusion of the Central Retinal Vein Evaluation
- Examination of the retina may reveal enlarged retinal veins and dark blood spreading through the retina.
Testing is necessary to confirm the diagnosis of central retinal vein occlusion.
Tests that may be used to evaluate central retinal vein occlusion include:
Continue to Occlusion of the Central Retinal Vein Treatment
- Browning DJ, Fraser CM. Retinal vein occlusions in patients taking warfarin. Ophthalmology. 2004 Jun;111(6):1196-200. 
- Fegan CD. Central retinal vein occlusion and thrombophilia. Eye. 2002 Jan;16(1):98-106. 
- Hayreh SS. Management of central retinal vein occlusion. Ophthalmologica. 2003 May-Jun;217(3):167-88. 
- Sharma A, D'Amico DJ. Medical and surgical management of central retinal vein occlusion. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2004 Winter;44(1):1-16.