Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms trigger factors Evaluation Treatment drugs bronchodilators questions for doctor specialist vaccines Home Care inhaler use taking control warning signs wheezing attacks Prevention stop smoking Outlook Complications Underlying Cause smoking Types Anatomy
Obstructive Lung Disease Vaccines
- Annual influenza vaccine
- Influenza vaccinations are given at the beginning of each flu season.
- Although the vaccine does not guarantee protection from infection, the risk of infection is reduced greatly.
- Influenza season is from November through April in the US.
- Pneumonia vaccine:
Continue to Obstructive Lung Disease Home Care
PubMed Obstructive Lung Disease References
- Celli BR, Thomas NE, Anderson JA, Ferguson GT, Jenkins CR, Jones PW, Vestbo J, Knobil K, Yates JC, Calverley PM. Effect of pharmacotherapy on rate of decline of lung function in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results from the TORCH study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008 Aug 15;178(4):332-8. Epub 2008 May 29. 
- Doherty DE, Briggs DD Jr. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: epidemiology, pathogenesis, disease course, and prognosis. Clin Cornerstone. 2004;Suppl 2:S5-16. 
- Ebell MH. Systemic corticosteroids for acute exacerbations of COPD. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Aug 1;72(3):437-8. 
- Kerstjens H, Postma D, Ten Hacken N. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):2003-30. 
- Weder MM, Donohue JF. Role of bronchodilators in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2005 Apr;26(2):221-34.