Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Do I need medication?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Will I need therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for worsening symptoms?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Specialist
- Lewin AB, Storch EA, Adkins J, Murphy TK, Geffken GR. Current directions in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. Pediatr Ann. 2005 Feb;34(2):128-34. 
- Sasson Y, Dekel S, Nacasch N, Chopra M, Zinger Y, Amital D, Zohar J. Posttraumatic obsessive-compulsive disorder: a case series. Psychiatry Res. 2005 Jun 15;135(2):145-52. 
- Viard A, Flament MF, Artiges E, et al. Cognitive control in childhood-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder: a functional MRI study. Psychol Med. 2005 Jul;35(7):1007-17.