Object Stuck in the Skin Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a skin foreign body.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need surgery?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Object Stuck in the Skin Home Care
- Nassif JM, Gorczyca JT, Vanarthos WJ. Unrecognized foreign body in the hip joint. J Orthop Trauma. 1996;10(3):216-9. 
- O'Dell ML. Skin and wound infections: an overview. Am Fam Physician. 1998 May 15;57(10):2424-32. 
- Vincent A, Jenkins DW. Retained digital foreign body after a pellet gun injury. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2000 Feb;90(2):103-6.