Obesity in Children Diet
Long-term success with a diet will be largely based on the type of dietary restriction or diet the child is put on. To lose weight, it is essential to eat fewer calories a day than the body needs to maintain a given weight. This is the only way one can lose weight through dieting. A dietitian can help greatly in this process. A dietitian is a nutrition expert that can design a healthy, low-calorie diet that allows losing weight safely.
Continue to Obesity in Children Exercise
- Cara JF, Chaiken RL.Type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents. Curr Diab Rep. 2006 Jun;6(3):241-50. 
- Daskalopoulou SS, Athyros VG, Kolovou GD, Anagnostopoulou KK, Mikhailidis DP. Definitions of metabolic syndrome: Where are we now? Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2006 Jul;4(3):185-97. 
- Holmes KW, Kwiterovich PO Jr. Treatment of dyslipidemia in children and adolescents. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2005 Nov;7(6):445-56. 
- Spanier PA, Marshall SJ, Faulkner GE. Tackling the obesity pandemic: a call for sedentary behaviour research. Can J Public Health. 2006 May-Jun;97(3):255-7. 
- Tremblay A, Therrien F. Physical activity and body functionality: implications for obesity prevention and treatment. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006 Feb;84(2):149-56.