Nummular Dermatitis Home Care
- Avoid substances that trigger nummular dermatitis.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals.
- Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream:
- Apply to the skin, 4 times a day.
- Avoid scratching: this can cause infection.
- Apply a cold compress:
- Compress may reduce swelling
- Apply for 20-30 minutes, every 1-2 hours.
- Apply a moisturizer for dry skin:
- Oral antihistamines for itching:
- Take prescription medications as directed.
- Wash your skin gently with mild soap twice a day.
- Wear all cotton clothing.
Nummular Dermatitis Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have nummular dermatitis and any of the following:
- Facial swelling
- Worsening blisters
- Worsening skin peeling
- Rash that covers more than one quarter of the body
- Increased skin redness and pain:
- Cellulitis of the face
- Cellulitis of the ear
- Cellulitis of the arm
- Cellulitis of the hand
- Cellulitis of the leg
- Cellulitis of the foot
- Cellulitis of the abdomen
- Cellulitis of the breast
- Yellow-brown scabs or pus on the skin
- Red streaks on the skin:
Continue to Nummular Dermatitis Underlying Cause
- Aoyama H, Tanaka M, Hara M, Tabata N, Tagami H. Nummular eczema: An addition of senile xerosis and unique cutaneous reactivities to environmental aeroallergens. Dermatology. 1999;199(2):135-9. 
- Jarvikallio A, Harvima IT, Naukkarinen A. Mast cells, nerves and neuropeptides in atopic dermatitis and nummular eczema. Arch Dermatol Res. 2003 Apr;295(1):2-7.