Nose is Stuffy due to Allergies Complications
Complications of allergic rhinitis include:
Nose is Stuffy due to Allergies Nasal Polyps
Long standing allergic rhinitis can lead to the formation of nasal polyps in the nose and sinuses. Polyps are small growths that form on the inside surface of the nose and sinuses. They are non-cancerous, but can block airflow and block mucus drainage in the nose. This leads to difficulty breathing through the nose, runny nose, upper respiratory tract infections and sinusitis.
Continue to Nose is Stuffy due to Allergies Underlying Cause
- Arshad SH. Primary prevention of asthma and allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005 Jul;116(1):3-14. 
- Busse WW: Mechanisms and advances in allergic diseases. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2000 Jun; 105(6 Pt 2): S593-8. 
- Meltzer EO, Szwarcberg J, Pill MW: Allergic rhinitis, asthma, and rhinosinusitis: diseases of the integrated airway. J Manag Care Pharm 2004 Jul-Aug; 10(4): 310-7. 
- Nielsen LP, Mygind N, Dahl R: Intranasal corticosteroids for allergic rhinitis: superior relief? Drugs 2001; 61(11): 1563-79. 
- Nimmagadda SR, Evans R 3rd: Allergy: etiology and epidemiology. Pediatr Rev 1999 Apr; 20(4): 111-5. 
- Veling MC, Trevino RJ: The treatment of allergic rhinitis with immunotherapy: a review of 1,000 cases. Ear Nose Throat J 2001 Aug; 80(8): 542-3.