Nipple Discharge in Infants Treatment
The treatment for nipple discharge depends on the cause. Treatment for nipple discharge may include nipple cleansing, medication, and warm compresses.
Treatment for nipple discharge in infants may include:
- Avoid placing pressure against the nipples.
- Warm compresses:
- Apply for 20-30 minutes, 3 times a day.
- Medication for nipple infections:
- Topical antibiotics
- Oral antibiotics
For more information:
Continue to Nipple Discharge in Infants Home Care
- Olcay I, Gokoz A. Infantile gynecomastia with bloody nipple discharge. J Pediatr Surg 1992; 27: 103-104. 
- Stringel G, Perelman A, Jimenez C. Infantile mammary duct ectasia: a cause of bloody nipple discharge. J Pediatr Surg 1986; 21: 671-674. 
- Weimann E. Clinical management of nipple discharge in neonates and children. J Paediatr Child Health 2002; 39: 155-156.