Neuroectodermal Tumor Incidence
Facts about primitive neuroectodermal tumors:
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNET) account for about one quarter of brain tumors in children.
- About 8 out of 1 million children in the US develop PNET each year.
- The average age of onset is 14 years.
Continue to Neuroectodermal Tumor Symptoms
- Jakacki RI. Treatment strategies for high-risk medulloblastoma and supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumors. Review of the literature. J Neurosurg. 2005 Jan;102(1 Suppl):44-52. 
- McLean TW. Medulloblastomas and central nervous system primitive neuroectodermal tumors. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2003 Dec;4(6):499-508. 
- Vogel H, Fuller GN. Primitive neuroectodermal tumors, embryonal tumors, and other small cell and poorly differentiated malignant neoplasms of the central and peripheral nervous systems. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2003 Dec;7(6):387-98.