Neuroblastoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of neuroblastoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Neuroblastoma Specialist
- Riley RD, Heney D, Jones DR, Sutton AJ, Lambert PC, Abrams KR, Young B, Wailoo AJ, Burchill SA. A systematic review of molecular and biological tumor markers in neuroblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2004 Jan 1;10(1 Pt 1):4-12. 
- Takeuchi LA, Hachitanda Y, Woods WG, Tuchman M, Lemieux B, Brisson L, Bernstein M, Brossard J, Leclerc JM, Byrne TD, et al. Screening for neuroblastoma in North America. Preliminary results of a pathology review from the Quebec Project. Cancer. 1995 Dec 1;76(11):2363-71.