Nervous Disorder SSRI Drugs
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRI's, are antidepressant medications used to treat anxiety disorders, as well as depression. These medications balance chemicals in the brain that improve mood.
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors:
Continue to Nervous Disorder Tricyclics
- Bernstein GA, Shaw K: Practice parameters for the assessment of children and adolescents with anxiety disorders. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1997; 36 (10 Suppl): 69S-84S. 
- Christmas DM, Hood SD. Recent developments in anxiety disorders. Recent Patents CNS Drug Discov. 2006 Nov;1(3):289-98. Review. 
- Denys D, de Geus F. Predictors of pharmacotherapy response in anxiety disorders. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2005 Aug;7(4):252-7. 
- Gale C, Oakley-Browne M. Generalised anxiety disorder. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1302-18. 
- Michael Kaplan E, DuPont RL. Benzodiazepines and anxiety disorders: a review for the practicing physician. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Jun;21(6):941-50.