Neck Herniated Disk Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of disk disease in the neck.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Neck Herniated Disk Specialist
- Bertagnoli R, Duggal N, Pickett GE, Wigfield CC, Gill SS, Karg A, Voigt S. Cervical total disc replacement, part two: clinical results. Orthop Clin North Am. 2005 Jul;36(3):355-62. 
- Heller JG, Schimandle JH. Operative treatment of degenerative cervical disk disease. J South Orthop Assoc. 1996 Fall;5(3):188-206. 
- Schimandle JH, Heller JG. Nonoperative treatment of degenerative cervical disk disease. J South Orthop Assoc. 1996 Fall;5(3):207-12.