Narrowed Urethra Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of urethral stricture.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for urethral stricture again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Narrowed Urethra Specialist
- Berger AP, Deibl M, Bartsch G, Steiner H, Varkarakis J, Gozzi C. A comparison of one-stage procedures for post-traumatic urethral stricture repair. BJU Int. 2005 Jun;95(9):1299-302. 
- Chapple CR, Png D. Contemporary management of urethral trauma and the post-traumatic stricture. Curr Opin Urol. 1999 May;9(3):253-60. 
- Kessler TM, Schreiter F, Kralidis G, Heitz M, Olianas R, Fisch M. Long-term results of surgery for urethral stricture: a statistical analysis. J Urol. 2003 Sep;170(3):840-4. 
- Shah DK, Paul EM, Badlani GH; North American Study Group. 11-year outcome analysis of endourethral prosthesis for the treatment of recurrent bulbar urethral stricture. J Urol. 2003 Oct;170(4 Pt 1):1255-8.