Narrowed Urethra Home Care
Home care for urethral stricture includes:
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid acidic foods.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid antihistamines:
- Avoid sedative medications:
- Do not postpone urination when you feel the urge:
- Urinate every 2 to 4 hours.
- Empty your bladder completely.
- Do not rush:
- Take time to empty your bladder completely
- Take prescription medications as directed.
- Women should wipe from front to back:
- This lowers the risk of urinary infections.
Narrowed Urethra Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have urethral stricture and any of the following:
Continue to Narrowed Urethra Prevention
- Berger AP, Deibl M, Bartsch G, Steiner H, Varkarakis J, Gozzi C. A comparison of one-stage procedures for post-traumatic urethral stricture repair. BJU Int. 2005 Jun;95(9):1299-302. 
- Chapple CR, Png D. Contemporary management of urethral trauma and the post-traumatic stricture. Curr Opin Urol. 1999 May;9(3):253-60. 
- Kessler TM, Schreiter F, Kralidis G, Heitz M, Olianas R, Fisch M. Long-term results of surgery for urethral stricture: a statistical analysis. J Urol. 2003 Sep;170(3):840-4. 
- Shah DK, Paul EM, Badlani GH; North American Study Group. 11-year outcome analysis of endourethral prosthesis for the treatment of recurrent bulbar urethral stricture. J Urol. 2003 Oct;170(4 Pt 1):1255-8.