Narcissistic Personality Disorder Home Care
- Keep regularly scheduled doctor visits.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Reduce stress.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder Stress
- Accept what you cannot change.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Associate with people you enjoy and who treat you well.
- Consider life as challenges to seek not obstacles to avoid.
- Do not be dominated by one thing such as work or relationships.
- Do not feel guilty when you have to say "no" to extra duties or tasks. Respect your limitations.
- Energize your body with regular exercise.
- Engage in hobbies.
- Find the joy in giving.
- Fuel your body with healthy foods and avoid drugs and alcohol.
- Get a regular fresh air and sunshine.
- Have the courage to be imperfect.
- Keep your sleep habits regular.
- Make a list of all the stresses that cause you distress. Dispose of the ones you can and reduce your exposure to the others as much as possible.
- Pamper yourself with simple pleasures that give you joy.
- Practice relaxation and meditation.
- Realize that you are responsible for how you feel.
- Reevaluate and rearrange your priorities.
- Remember it is all right to cry.
- Schedule time for fun. Laughter dissolves tension.
- Seek professional help with overwhelming hard to solve problems.
- Take a few minutes of quiet time each day just for you to rejuvenate.
- Talk with someone you trust, it can be the best medicine.
- Try new experiences.
- The strict avoidance of stimulants may be all that is necessary in some individuals. This includes substances such as:
Narcissistic Personality Disorder Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have narcissistic personality disorder and any of the following:
- Fernando J. The etiology of narcissistic personality disorder. Psychoanal Study Child. 1998;53:141-58. 
- Links PS, Gould B, Ratnayake R. Assessing suicidal youth with antisocial, borderline, or narcissistic personality disorder. Can J Psychiatry. 2003 Jun;48(5):301-10. 
- Ronningstam E. Pathological narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder in Axis I disorders. Harv Rev Psychiatry. 1996 Mar-Apr;3(6):326-40.