Treatment for myopia may include corrective lenses, contact lenses, and eye surgery.
Treatment for myopia may include:
- Corrective lenses:
- Contact lenses
- Laser surgery for myopia:
- Additional surgery for myopia:
- Intraocular lens implant
- Intracorneal ring
For more information:
Myopia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of myopia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with surgery?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I need to wear corrective lenses?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
Continue to Myopia Home Care
- Charman WN. Aberrations and myopia. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2005 Jul;25(4):285-301. 
- Dayan YB, Levin A, Morad Y, Grotto I, Ben-David R, Goldberg A, Onn E, Avni I, Levi Y, Benyamini OG. The changing prevalence of myopia in young adults: a 13-year series of population-based prevalence surveys. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005 Aug;46(8):2760-5. 
- Sorbara L, Fonn D, Simpson T, Lu F, Kort R. Reduction of myopia from corneal refractive therapy. Optom Vis Sci. 2005 Jun;82(6):512-8.