Myocardial Fibrosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of endomyocardial eosinophilic fibrosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Myocardial Fibrosis Underlying Cause
- Berensztein CS, Pineiro D, Marcotegui M, Brunoldi R, Blanco MV, Lerman J. Usefulness of echocardiography and doppler echocardiography in endomyocardial fibrosis. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2000 May;13(5):385-92. 
- Niino T, Shiono M, Yamamoto T, Inoue T, Hirose H, Saito A, Funahasi M, Negishi N, Sezai Y, Honma T, Nemoto N. A case of left ventricular endomyocardial fibrosis. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002 Jun;8(3):173-6. 
- Santos CL, Moraes CR, Santos FL, Moraes F, Brindeiro Filho D. Endomyocardial fibrosis in children. Cardiol Young. 2001 Mar;11(2):205-9.