Myeloblastic Leukemia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Myeloblastic Leukemia Specialist
- Aul C, Giagounidis A, Germing U, Ganser A. Evaluating the prognosis of patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Ann Hematol. 2002 Sep;81(9):485-97. 
- Lowenberg B, Downing JR, Burnett A. Acute myeloid leukemia. N Engl J Med. 1999 Sep 30;341(14):1051-62. 
- Niemeyer CM, Kratz C. Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2003 Jun;4(3):203-10.