Muscular Dystrophy Limb-Girdle
Characteristics of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy:
- Most commonly affects the pelvic muscles, chest muscles and limbs
- Symptoms start during childhood or adolescence.
- Progressive muscle weakness:
- Wheelchair may be required 10 to 20 years after symptoms begin.
- Prominent muscle atrophy
Continue to Muscular Dystrophy Myotonic Dystrophy
- Cossu G, Sampaolesi M. New therapies for muscular dystrophy: cautious optimism. Trends Mol Med. 2004 Oct;10(10):516-20. 
- Gregorevic P, Chamberlain JS. Gene therapy for muscular dystrophy - a review of promising progress. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2003 Aug;3(5):803-14. 
- Leyten QH, Gabreels FJ, Renier WO, ter Laak HJ. Congenital muscular dystrophy: a review of the literature. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 1996 Nov;98(4):267-80.