Muscular Chest Pain Underlying Cause
Chest injury is the most common cause of chest wall pain.
- Rig fracture
- Chest contusion:
- Sprain of the chest ligaments
- Strain of the chest muscles
Additional causes of chest wall pain include:
Continue to Muscular Chest Pain Anatomy
- Ballas SK, Viscusi ER, Epstein KR. Management of acute chest wall sickle cell pain with nebulized morphine. Am J Hematol. 2004 Jun;76(2):190-1. 
- Disla E, Rhim HR, Reddy A, Karten I, Taranta A. Costochondritis. A prospective analysis in an emergency department setting. Arch Intern Med. 1994 Nov 14;154(21):2466-9. 
- Eslick GD, Fass R. Noncardiac chest pain: evaluation and treatment. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2003 Jun;32(2):531-52. 
- Karlson KA. Thoracic region pain in athletes. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2004 Feb;3(1):53-7.