Muscle Weakness due to ALS Incidence
Facts about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis:
- About 1 out of 100,000 people develop amyotrophic lateral sclerosis each year in the US.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is most common in those over 40 years old.
Continue to Muscle Weakness due to ALS Risk Factors
- Brooks BR. El Escorial World Federation of Neurology criteria for the diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Subcommittee on Motor Neuron Diseases/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis of the World Federation of Neurology Research Group on Neuromuscular Diseases J Neurol Sci 1994; 124: 96-107. 
- Brown RC, Lockwood AH, Sonawane BR. Neurodegenerative diseases: an overview of environmental risk factors. Environ Health Perspect. 2005 Sep;113(9):1250-6. 
- Waragai M: MRI and clinical features in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neuroradiology 1997; 39: 847-851.