Multiple Sclerosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for multiple sclerosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- Will I need speech therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Multiple Sclerosis Specialist
- Filippini G, Munari L, Incorvaia B, Ebers GC, Polman C, D'Amico R, Rice GP. Interferons in relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis: a systematic review. Lancet. 2003 Feb 15;361(9357):545-52. 
- Kahana E. Epidemiologic studies of multiple sclerosis: a review. Biomed Pharmacother. 2000 Mar;54(2):100-2. 
- Poser CM, Brinar VV. Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: an historical review. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2004 Jun;106(3):147-58. 
- Sorensen PS. Treatment of multiple sclerosis with intravenous immunoglobulin: review of clinical trials. Neurol Sci. 2003 Oct;24 Suppl 4:S227-30.