Facts about multiple sclerosis:
- There are about 10,000 new cases of multiple sclerosis each year in the US.
- There are about 350,000 people with multiple sclerosis in the US.
Continue to MS Risk Factors
- Filippini G, Munari L, Incorvaia B, Ebers GC, Polman C, D'Amico R, Rice GP. Interferons in relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis: a systematic review. Lancet. 2003 Feb 15;361(9357):545-52. 
- Kahana E. Epidemiologic studies of multiple sclerosis: a review. Biomed Pharmacother. 2000 Mar;54(2):100-2. 
- Poser CM, Brinar VV. Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: an historical review. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2004 Jun;106(3):147-58. 
- Sorensen PS. Treatment of multiple sclerosis with intravenous immunoglobulin: review of clinical trials. Neurol Sci. 2003 Oct;24 Suppl 4:S227-30.