Mouth or Tongue Injury Incidence
Facts about mouth or tongue injuries:
- Injuries to the mouth or tongue are usually caused by an injury to the outside of the face.
- Injuries from chewing and dental appliances are very common.
Continue to Mouth or Tongue Injury Symptoms
- Ng KF, Lo CF. The bamboo skewer: airway management in a patient with penetrating injury of the floor of mouth. Can J Anaesth. 1996 Nov;43(11):1156-60. 
- Schutzman SA, Liebelt E, Wisk M, Burg J. Comparison of oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate and intramuscular meperidine, promethazine, and chlorpromazine for conscious sedation of children undergoing laceration repair. Ann Emerg Med. 1996 Oct;28(4):385-90. 
- Steinig JP, DeLoach ED, Boyd CR. Transection of the base of the tongue caused by penetrating injury. Am Surg. 1999 Feb;65(2):133-4. 
- Wu K, Ahmed A. Penetrating injury to the soft palate causing retropharyngeal air collection. Emerg Med J. 2005 Feb;22(2):148-9.