What to expect with hyperemesis gravidarum:
- Vomiting usually peaks between 2 and 12 weeks of pregnancy, and then resolves.
- With careful home care and treatment, complications are rare.
- Almost all women completely recover by the fourth month of pregnancy.
Last Updated: May 2, 2008 References
Authors: Stephen J. Schueler, MD; John H. Beckett, MD; D. Scott Gettings, MD
Copyright DSHI Systems, Inc. Powered by: FreeMD - Your Virtual Doctor
PubMed Morning Sickness References
- Eliakim R, Abulafia O, Sherer DM. Hyperemesis gravidarum: a current review. Am J Perinatol. 2000;17(4):207-18. 
- Philip B. Hyperemesis gravidarum: literature review. WMJ. 2003;102(3):46-51.