Morning Sickness Home Care
Home care for hyperemesis gravidarum includes:
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Eat small meals more frequently.
- Avoid food that irritates your stomach.
- Avoid citrus fruit and tomatoes.
- Avoid spicy food.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid fatty food.
- Avoid sweets.
- Diet for hyperemesis gravidarum:
- Low fat diet
- Low sugar diet
- High protein diet
- High carbohydrate diet
- Get plenty of rest.
- Take antacids:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Learn everything you can about hyperemesis gravidarum:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Morning Sickness Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have hyperemesis gravidarum and any of the following:
Continue to Morning Sickness Prevention
- Eliakim R, Abulafia O, Sherer DM. Hyperemesis gravidarum: a current review. Am J Perinatol. 2000;17(4):207-18. 
- Philip B. Hyperemesis gravidarum: literature review. WMJ. 2003;102(3):46-51.