Molluscum Contagiosum Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for molluscum contagiosum.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Molluscum Contagiosum Specialist
- Bikowski JB Jr. Molluscum contagiosum: the need for physician intervention and new treatment options. Cutis. 2004 Mar;73(3):202-6. 
- Smolinski KN, Yan AC. How and when to treat molluscum contagiosum and warts in children. Pediatr Ann. 2005 Mar;34(3):211-21.