Molluscum Contagiosum Home Care
Home care for molluscum contagiosum includes:
- Most cases of molluscum contagiosum resolve without treatment.
- See a doctor for molluscum contagiosum on the genitals.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Perform regular skin self-examinations
Molluscum Contagiosum Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have molluscum contagiosum and you develop any of the following:
Continue to Molluscum Contagiosum Prevention
- Bikowski JB Jr. Molluscum contagiosum: the need for physician intervention and new treatment options. Cutis. 2004 Mar;73(3):202-6. 
- Smolinski KN, Yan AC. How and when to treat molluscum contagiosum and warts in children. Pediatr Ann. 2005 Mar;34(3):211-21.