Mobitz I Heart Block Diet
A healthy diet for people with second degree heart block should include:
- Limit total fat intake to no more than 20 to 25% of your total calories:
- Less than 7% of the day's total calories from saturated fat.
- Up to 10% of the day's total calories from polyunsaturated fat.
- Up to 20% of the day's total calories from monounsaturated fat
- Less than 200 milligrams of dietary cholesterol a day.
- Just enough calories to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. You may want to ask your doctor or registered dietitian what is a reasonable calorie level for you.
- Reduced salt to 2 grams per day.
- Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Limiting iron intake: too much iron can increase atherosclerosis
- More complex carbohydrates, such as starch and fiber. Whole grains and brown rice are good fiber sources. Other sources include:
Check with your doctor about supplementing your diet with B vitamins. Some people may benefit from these supplements.
Continue to Mobitz I Heart Block Warning Signs
- Shaw DB, Gowers JI, Kekwick CA, New KH, Whistance AW. Is Mobitz type I atrioventricular block benign in adults? Heart. 2004 Feb;90(2):169-74. 
- Silverman ME, Upshaw CB Jr, Lange HW. Woldemar Mobitz and His 1924 classification of second-degree atrioventricular block. Circulation. 2004 Aug 31;110(9):1162-7. 
- Wogan JM, Lowenstein SR, Gordon GS. Second-degree atrioventricular block: Mobitz type II. J Emerg Med. 1993 Jan-Feb;11(1):47-54.