Mixed Sleep Apnea Outlook
What to expect with sleep apnea:
- Symptoms of daytime sleepiness improve greatly with treatment.
- Without treatment, the symptoms continue to worsen over time.
- Without treatment, the heart or lungs may be damaged.
Continue to Mixed Sleep Apnea Complications
- Bottini P, Tantucci C. Sleep apnea syndrome in endocrine diseases. Respiration. 2003 May-Jun;70(3):320-7. 
- Goncalves MA, Paiva T, Ramos E, Guilleminault C. Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, sleepiness, and quality of life. Chest. 2004 Jun;125(6):2091-6. 
- Guilleminault C, Lee JH, Chan A. Pediatric obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005 Aug;159(8):775-85. 
- Kohler M, Bloch KE, Stradling JR. The role of the nose in the pathogenesis of obstructive sleep apnoea and snoring. Eur Respir J. 2007 Dec;30(6):1208-15. 
- Li KK. Surgical therapy for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2005 Feb;26(1):80-8. 
- Norman D, Loredo JS. Obstructive sleep apnea in older adults. Clin Geriatr Med. 2008 Feb;24(1):151-65, ix. 
- Wieber SJ. The cardiac consequences of the obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome. Mt Sinai J Med. 2005 Jan;72(1):10-2.