Milk Intolerance Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for lactose intolerance.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Milk Intolerance Specialist
- Lovelace HY, Barr SI. Diagnosis, symptoms, and calcium intakes of individuals with self-reported lactose intolerance. J Am Coll Nutr. 2005 Feb;24(1):51-7. 
- Suarez FL, Savaiano DA, Levitt MD. Review article: the treatment of lactose intolerance. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1995 Dec;9(6):589-97. 
- Swagerty DL Jr, Walling AD, Klein RM. Lactose intolerance. Am Fam Physician. 2002 May 1;65(9):1845-50.