Menstrual Stress Incidence
Facts about premenstrual syndrome:
- In the US, about 75 percent of women have some symptoms of PMS at some time during their lives.
- About 30 percent of women in the US have mild to moderate PMS.
- About 5 to 10 percent of women in the US have severe premenstrual syndrome.
Continue to Menstrual Stress Risk Factors
- Johnson SR. Premenstrual syndrome, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and beyond: a clinical primer for practitioners. Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Oct;104(4):845-59. 
- Rapkin A. A review of treatment of premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2003 Aug;28 Suppl 3:39-53. 
- Wyatt K, Dimmock P, Jones P, Obhrai M, O'Brien S. Efficacy of progesterone and progestogens in management of premenstrual syndrome: systematic review. BMJ. 2001 Oct 6;323(7316):776-80.