Menopause Hot Flashes
General treatment for hot flashes in a woman with menopause includes:
- Eat a healthy diet:
- Follow an exercise plan for women developed with your doctor.
- Stay active:
- An active lifestyle can reduce hot flashes.
- Avoid exposure to heat.
- Avoid alcohol, or drink alcohol in moderation:
- For women: no more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Weight loss if you are overweight
- Take a calcium supplement:
- As directed by your doctor.
Medications for hot flashes include:
Continue to Menopause Painful Intercourse
- Heinemann K, Ruebig A, Potthoff P, Schneider HP, Strelow F, Heinemann LA, Do MT. The Menopause Rating Scale (MRS) scale: a methodological review. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2004 Sep 2;2:45. 
- Obermeyer CM. Menopause across cultures: a review of the evidence. Menopause. 2000 May-Jun;7(3):184-92. 
- Zollner YF, Acquadro C, Schaefer M. Literature review of instruments to assess health-related quality of life during and after menopause. Qual Life Res. 2005 Mar;14(2):309-27.