Meningitis Cryptococcal Transmission
Facts about cryptococcal meningitis:
- Cryptococcus is present in the environment: everyone is exposed.
- Infection occurs from the inhalation of the fungus.
- Human-to-human transmission is extremely rare.
Continue to Meningitis Cryptococcal Anatomy
- Delgrange E, Donckier JE. Cryptococcal meningitis and Cushing's syndrome. Lancet. 2000 Jul 22;356(9226):343. 
- The University of South Alabama Headache Center. Cryptococcal meningitis: not restricted to the "at risk" population. Headache. 2005 Apr;45(4):372-3. 
- Torre D, Banfi G, Tambini R, Speranza F, Zeroli C, Martegani R, Airoldi M, Fiori G. A retrospective study on the efficacy and safety of amphotericin B in a lipid emulsion for the treatment of cryptococcal meningitis in AIDS patients. J Infect. 1998 Jul;37(1):36-8.