Facts about meningioma:
- About 2 out of 100,000 people in the US develop meningioma each year.
- Meningiomas account for about 25 percent of brain tumors.
- The average age of diagnosis is 62 years old.
- Females tend to be affected more often than men.
Continue to Meningioma Risk Factors
- Curry WT, McDermott MW, Carter BS, Barker FG 2nd. Craniotomy for meningioma in the United States between 1988 and 2000: decreasing rate of mortality and the effect of provider caseload. J Neurosurg. 2005 Jun;102(6):977-86. 
- Gezen F, Kahraman S, Canakci Z, Beduk A. Review of 36 cases of spinal cord meningioma. Spine. 2000 Mar 15;25(6):727-31. 
- Sheikh BY, Siqueira E, Dayel F. Meningioma in children: a report of nine cases and a review of the literature. Surg Neurol. 1996 Apr;45(4):328-35. 
- Starshak RJ. Radiation-induced meningioma in children: report of two cases and review of the literature. Pediatr Radiol. 1996;26(8):537-41.