Memory Loss Short Term Home Care
- Avoid lifting, physical exertion and sexual intercourse until symptoms resolve.
- Avoid emotional stress until symptoms resolve.
- Avoid swimming or bathing in cold water until symptoms resolve.
Memory Loss Short Term Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have transient global amnesia and any of the following:
- Worsening loss of memory
- Worsening headache
- Change in vision:
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty walking
- Hearing loss
- Numbness in one arm or leg:
- Weakness in one arm or leg:
- Facial weakness (unilateral):
Continue to Memory Loss Short Term Underlying Cause
- Huber R, Aschoff AJ, Ludolph AC, Riepe MW. Transient Global Amnesia. Evidence against vascular ischemic etiology from diffusion weighted imaging. J Neurol. 2002 Nov;249(11):1520-4. 
- Lewis SL. Aetiology of transient global amnesia. Lancet. 1998 Aug 1;352(9125):397-9. 
- Pradalier A, Lutz G, Vincent D. Transient global amnesia, migraine, thalamic infarct, dihydroergotamine, and sumatriptan. Headache. 2000 Apr;40(4):324-7. 
- Sander K, Sander D. New insights into transient global amnesia: recent imaging and clinical findings. Lancet Neurol. 2005 Jul;4(7):437-44. 
- Tong DC, Grossman M. What causes transient global amnesia? New insights from DWI. Neurology. 2004 Jun 22;62(12):2154-5.