Megacolon Infant Home Care
- Avoid nonprescription medicines for constipation.
- Avoid nonprescription medicines for diarrhea.
- Encourage plenty of fluids.
- Follow a diet plan developed with your doctor.
- Use enemas only as directed by your doctor.
For more information:
Megacolon Infant Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if your child has congenital megacolon and any of the following:
Continue to Megacolon Infant Complications
- De Lorijn F, Reitsma JB, Voskuijl WP, Aronson DC, Ten Kate FJ, Smets AM, Taminiau JA, Benninga MA. Diagnosis of Hirschsprung's disease: a prospective, comparative accuracy study of common tests. J Pediatr. 2005 Jun;146(6):787-92. 
- Pena A, Levitt MA. Colonic inertia disorders in pediatrics. Curr Probl Surg. 2002 Jul;39(7):666-730. 
- Swenson O. Hirschsprung's disease: a review. Pediatrics. 2002 May;109(5):914-8. 
- Tomita R, Ikeda T, Fujisaki S, Tanjoh K, Munakata K. Hirschsprung's disease and its allied disorders in adults' histological and clinical studies. Hepatogastroenterology. 2003 Jul-Aug;50(52):1050-3.