Medulloblastoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for medulloblastoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Medulloblastoma Radiation Therapy
- Brandes AA, Paris MK. Review of the prognostic factors in medulloblastoma of children and adults. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2004 May;50(2):121-8. 
- Calaminus G, Janssen G, Lenard HG, Bock WJ, Reifenberger G, Schmitt G, Gobel U. Combined therapy of medulloblastoma: review of 46 patients treated in a single institution. Neuropediatrics. 1998 Apr;29(2):102-7. 
- Salvati M, Cervoni L. Medulloblastoma in late adults. Case report and critical review of the literature. J Neurosurg Sci. 2000 Dec;44(4):230-2; discussion 232-3.