Mediterranean Tick Fever Incidence
Facts about boutonneuse fever:
- This disease is very rare in the United States.
- No more than 50 cases have been reported each year, and most of these were acquired in other countries.
Continue to Mediterranean Tick Fever Symptoms
- Elghetany MT, Walker DH: Hemostatic changes in Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Mediterranean spotted fever. Am J Clin Pathol 1999 Aug; 112(2): 159-68. 
- Letaief A, Souissi J, Trabelsi H, Ghannem H, Jemni L. Evaluation of clinical diagnosis scores for Boutonneuse fever. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003 Jun;990:327-30. 
- Palau LA, Pankey GA: Mediterranean Spotted Fever in Travelers from the United States. J Travel Med 1997 Dec 1; 4(4): 179-182. 
- Rolain JM, Shpynov S, Raoult D. Spotted-fever-group rickettsioses in north Asia. Lancet. 2003 Dec 6;362(9399):1939.