Overview Incidence Symptoms congenital Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain and fever adults pain and fever children sore throat in adults sore throat in children warning signs Prevention vaccine Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Measles German Transmission
Facts about the transmission of rubella:
- Rubella is spread person to person.
- People send tiny droplets of water into the air when coughing.
- Breathing these droplets cause an infection.
- Viruses can remain on various objects for a period of time.
- Touching a contaminated object then touching the mouth will spread the virus.
- Rubella is contagious from about 1 week before the rash begins, until after the rash has resolved.
- Rubella is also easily transmitted from a pregnant mother to her developing fetus.
PubMed Measles German References
- Banatvala JE, Brown DW. Rubella. Lancet. 2004 Apr 3;363(9415):1127-37. 
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Elimination of rubella and congenital rubella syndrome--United States, 1969-2004. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005 Mar 25;54(11):279-82. 
- Wellington K, Goa KL. Measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (Priorix; GSK-MMR): a review of its use in the prevention of measles, mumps and rubella. Drugs. 2003;63(19):2107-26.