Mastoiditis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for mastoiditis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Mastoiditis Home Care
- Agrawal S, Husein M, MacRae D. Complications of otitis media: an evolving state. J Otolaryngol. 2005 Jun;34 Suppl 1:S33-9. 
- Leskinen K. Complications of acute otitis media in children. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2005 Jul;5(4):308-12. 
- Spratley J, Silveira H, Alvarez I, Pais-Clemente M. Acute mastoiditis in children: review of the current status. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2000 Nov 30;56(1):33-40.