Malignant Astrocytoma Incidence
Facts about astrocytoma:
- Astrocytomas are the most common form of brain cancer.
- There are approximately 3,000 new astrocytomas each year in the U.S.
- The annual incidence in the US is about 3 per 100,000 people.
- Males develop brain cancer slightly more often than females.
- Young adults have the lowest rate of astrocytoma, and the risk increases after the age of 45.
Continue to Malignant Astrocytoma Risk Factors
- Guha A, Mukherjee J. Advances in the biology of astrocytomas. Curr Opin Neurol. 2004 Dec;17(6):655-62. 
- Ichimura K, Ohgaki H, Kleihues P, Collins VP. Molecular pathogenesis of astrocytic tumours. J Neurooncol. 2004 Nov;70(2):137-60. 
- See SJ, Gilbert MR. Anaplastic astrocytoma: diagnosis, prognosis, and management. Semin Oncol. 2004 Oct;31(5):618-34.