What to expect with malaria:
- With early treatment, most people with malaria improve within 2 days following treatment.
- After treatment, symptoms usually resolve within 5 days.
- Malaria can cause death if it is not treated early.
Continue to Malaria Complications
- Kent DM, Mwamburi DM, Bennish ML, Kupelnick B, Ioannidis JP. Clinical trials in sub-Saharan Africa and established standards of care: a systematic review of HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria trials. JAMA. 2004 Jul 14;292(2):237-42. 
- Schlagenhauf P. Mefloquine for malaria chemoprophylaxis 1992-1998: a review. J Travel Med. 1999 Jun;6(2):122-33. 
- Stoppacher R, Adams SP. Malaria deaths in the United States: case report and review of deaths, 1979-1998. J Forensic Sci. 2003 Mar;48(2):404-8. 
- Trampuz A, Jereb M, Muzlovic I, Prabhu RM. Clinical review: Severe malaria. Crit Care. 2003 Aug;7(4):315-23.