Macular Stains Treatment
Macular stains do not require treatment, but they may be treated for cosmetic reasons.
Treatment for macular stains may include:
- Cosmetics for macular stains
- Laser therapy for macular stains:
- Reduces the color of the birthmark
Macular Stains Specialist
Continue to Macular Stains Warning Signs
- Enjolras O, Mulliken JB: The current management of vascular birthmarks. Pediatr Dermatol 1993 Dec; 10(4): 311-3. 
- Geronemus RG, Ashinoff R: The medical necessity of evaluation and treatment of port-wine stains. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1991 Jan; 17(1): 76-9. 
- Vidaurri-de la Cruz H, Happle R. Two distinct types of speckled lentiginous nevi characterized by macular versus papular speckles. Dermatology. 2006;212(1):53-8.