Macular Stains Outlook
What to expect with macular stains:
- Macular stains on the face usually disappear by age two.
- Macular stains on the neck may persist into adulthood.
- These birthmarks do not require treatment.
Continue to Macular Stains Underlying Cause
- Enjolras O, Mulliken JB: The current management of vascular birthmarks. Pediatr Dermatol 1993 Dec; 10(4): 311-3. 
- Geronemus RG, Ashinoff R: The medical necessity of evaluation and treatment of port-wine stains. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 1991 Jan; 17(1): 76-9. 
- Vidaurri-de la Cruz H, Happle R. Two distinct types of speckled lentiginous nevi characterized by macular versus papular speckles. Dermatology. 2006;212(1):53-8.