Lymphoma Non-Hodgkin Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Lymphoma Non-Hodgkin Radiation Therapy
- Klencke B, Kaplan L. Advances and future challenges in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Curr Opin Oncol. 1998 Sep;10(5):422-7. 
- Kouroukis CT, Browman GP, Esmail R, Meyer RM. Chemotherapy for older patients with newly diagnosed, advanced-stage, aggressive-histology non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2002 Jan 15;136(2):144-52. 
- Lamm SH, Engel A, Byrd DM. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and benzene exposure: a systematic literature review. Chem Biol Interact. 2005 May 30;153-154:231-7. 
- Martin-Duverneuil N, Mokhtari K, Behin A, Lafitte F, Hoang-Xuan K, Chiras J. Intravascular malignant lymphomatosis. Neuroradiology. 2002 Sep;44(9):749-54.