Lymphoma Burkitt Treatment
Treatment for Burkitt lymphoma may include:
- Chemotherapy for Burkitt lymphoma:
- Medications for nausea and vomiting:
- Aprepitant (Emend)
- Dolasetron (Anzemet)
- Granisetron (Kytril)
- Metoclopramide (Reglan)
- Ondansetron (Zofran)
- Palonosetron (Aloxi)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine, Compro)
- Promethazine (Phenergan)
- Bone marrow transplant:
- Used if chemotherapy destroys all patients immune system cells
Lymphoma Burkitt Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Burkitt lymphoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Lymphoma Burkitt Specialist
Continue to Lymphoma Burkitt Home Care
- Brady G, MacArthur GJ, Farrell PJ. Epstein-Barr virus and Burkitt lymphoma. J Clin Pathol. 2007 Dec;60(12):1397-402. 
- Haralambieva E, Boerma EJ, van Imhoff GW, et al. Clinical, immunophenotypic, and genetic analysis of adult lymphomas with morphologic features of burkitt lymphoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2005 Aug;29(8):1086-94. 
- Thornburg CD, Roulston D, Castle VP. Burkitt lymphoma and Williams syndrome: a model for children with a multisystem disorder and malignancy. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2005 Feb;27(2):109-11.