Lymphogranuloma Venereum Prevention
Prevention of lymphogranuloma venereum includes:
- Do not have sex with multiple sexual partners.
- Do not have with anyone who has oral or genital sores.
- Do not have sex with anyone who has a penile discharge or vaginal discharge.
- Do not use petroleum jelly in the vagina.
- Do not have sex with a partner who has intercourse with others.
- Practice safe sex:
- Use condoms.
- Women should not douche after intercourse.
Continue to Lymphogranuloma Venereum Outlook
- Mabey D, Peeling RW. Lymphogranuloma venereum. Sex Transm Infect. 2002 Apr;78(2):90-2. 
- Sturm PD, Moodley P, Govender K, Bohlken L, Vanmali T, Sturm AW. Molecular diagnosis of lymphogranuloma venereum in patients with genital ulcer disease. J Clin Microbiol. 2005 Jun;43(6):2973-5.