Lymphocytic Thyroiditis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for lymphocytic thyroiditis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Lymphocytic Thyroiditis Specialist
- Ogawa E, Katsushima Y, Fujiwara I, Iinuma K. Subacute thyroiditis in children: patient report and review of the literature. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Jul-Aug;16(6):897-900. 
- Punzi L, Sfriso P, Pianon M, Schiavon F, Ramonda R, Cozzi F, Todesco S. Clinical manifestations and outcome of polyarthralgia associated with chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2002 Aug;32(1):51-5. 
- Tamimi DM. The association between chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis and thyroid tumors. Int J Surg Pathol. 2002 Apr;10(2):141-6.